Wednesday 24 August 2011

The Las Vegas Epic 2011 - Cold Stone Creamery, Las Vegas review


I’ve got bugger all decent for dessert in the house and I’ve really got a hankering for a Cold Stone creamery. Cold Stone do fairly lush smooth ice-creams in the usual flavours you’d expect like chocolate, vanilla and also a few more unusual varieties like cheesecake and cinnamon. But if you just had a tub of ice-cream from Cold Stone you’d really be missing out on what they’re all about.

And what they’re all about is their Creations; a few different flavours of ice-cream mixed in with a selection of sauces and goodies. You can either choose your own combination or one of their recommended signature creations. But this isn’t where the fun ends....Once you’ve made your selection, the ingredients are mixed together on a frozen granite slab using a couple of spatulas. It looks sooo cool and certainly heightens the sense of excitement.

The cold stone in action
Mrs G opted for the very good Our Strawberry Blonde creation consisting of strawberry ice-cream, graham cracker pie crust, strawberries, caramel and whipped cream. However, it was nothing compared to my Peanut Butter Cups Perfection which jumbled together the dreamy combination of chocolate ice-cream, peanut butter, Reese’s peanut butter cups and fudge. I want one now!

Peanut Butter Cups Perfection
The details: Cold Stone Creamery, The Excalibur Hotel (It's the one that looks like a naff castle), 3850 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV, United States

2 comments:

  1. I tried Cold Stone in Cyprus last year on holiday, as soon as I spotted the place I made a beeline for it. I'm a bit of a sucker for ice-cream! I even allowed 3 year old ice-cream at 10am in the morning, couldn't very well refuse him could I?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lisa - Cold Stone at 10am - living the dream!

      Delete