Friday 9 November 2012

Purple Poppadom, Christmas menu preview, Cardiff


On Tuesday evening Mrs G and I had a preview of one of Purple Poppadom’s Christmas menus. I've already waxed lyrical on two separate occasions about how much I enjoy Anand George’s food, so I won’t bore you again.

Mrs G and I sampled the seafood tasting menu (£45 per head). Suffice to say, everything looked and tasted pretty darn good. Furthermore, nothing was deemed too spicy by the spice wuss, Mrs G.

Here are the pics:

Kaffir lime marinated tandoori king prawn, crispy soft shell crab and spice crusted scallop



Spice crusted mackerel and salad with mango dressing



Mango sorbet



King prawns in a chilli and coconut sauce.



Halibut in a mango and ginger sauce



Tandoori salmon



Savoy cabbage, green beans, and carrot with curry leaf and mustard



Peshwari and Chilli naans



Tandoori pineapple, chocomosa and rose petal crème brulee



Mrs G and I dined as guests of Purple Poppadom


The details:
Address: Purple Poppadom, 185 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF11 9AJ
Telephone: 029 2022 0026

No comments:

Post a Comment