- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 red onions
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- Chop the butternut squash (no need to peel) and peeled red onion and place in a baking tray.
- Coat in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven on Gas mark 7 for about 1hour or until a knife goes through squash easily.
- Make up a jug of vegetable stock (1.5 pints approx).
- Blend the squash (skin and everything), onion and vegetable stock together.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste.