Saturday 22 January 2011

Michelin Guide 2011 musings

Another year goes buy and still no Michelin star or Bib gourmand for Cardiff in the Michelin Red Guide.

I must admit,  there's nowhere that springs to mind that is really deserving of either of these accolades in the Cardiff area. There's isn't anywhere whose food reaches the dizzy heights of The Crown at Whitebrook (near Monmouth) or The Walnut Tree (Abergavenny) nor is there anywhere that offers the quality yet value for money of The Hardwick (Abergavenny). The only place that springs to mind is Le gallois. Although I had a delicious meal there for my birthday in May, I felt that even though presentation-wise the food was of a starred standard, taste-wise was a bit hit and miss.

2012 gives me great hope for a Michelin Star in the name of Martin Blunos' new restaurant at the Thistle Hotel in Cardiff.

1 comment:

  1. Been lead to believe that the Chef Blunos venture will open around about March time.

    ReplyDelete