Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Monty's Burger Bar, Bicester ribs review - Guest post by PizzaFaves

In a break from my usual proceedings, this latest post is another guest review from Correspondent at Large, PizzaFaves, who is the son of an old university friend. This budding young food writer (and driver) may still be in primary school, but he has a bright future in food criticism ahead of him:

On Wednesday 19 August 2026 I went for my third driving lesson of the year, and then after that I got very, very, very hungry and thought “what food do I want?”

My mind popped and said “RIBS!”

I started thinking about when Homer Simpson gurgles “ahhhh!” and then someone said “Yes, we’ve found ribs close by!”

I did my driving lesson hastily and we went to get ribs at Monty’s Burger Bar in Bicester. It’s right by the Phoenix car park, so if you are driving it’s easy to get to.

When we got there, I immediately ordered ribs. The people who worked there were very nice and knew how much I wanted ribs. The service was good, and the food came extremely quickly. My family got chicken burgers (£15.45), which were good, but oozed juice a bit too much.

First, the BBQ pork ribs (£19.95). What I noticed first taste-wise was that the glaze was amazing because it was balanced, had loads of flavour, and it had texture. The meat was very soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside, and very tasty. I devoured a whole adult portion of ribs very quickly. The portion was very generous even for my small size.

Second, underneath the ribs were chips. The chips were thick regular chips and were pretty big. The one thing I felt meh about was there wasn’t much salt on them. But when I tried the truffle chips, they were very savoury, had lots of seasoning, their taste was herby and they were really good compared to the regular chips. I would recommend the truffle chips over the regular chips.

The staff were kind and gave us a takeaway box. My only criticism about the restaurant was the bathroom - it could have been cleaner.

But overall, the entire restaurant was good, the food was great, the service was excellent and we had a good time. If you’re looking for something flavourful and meaty, with big portions, I recommend Monty’s Burger Bar at Bicester.

The Details:

Address - Monty’s Burger Bar, Unit C1 Bure Place, Bicester OX26 6FA
Web - https://www.montysburgerbar.co.uk/
Telephone - 01869 574939

No comments:

Post a Comment