Friday 29 April 2011

Guilty Pleasures No 3 - The KFC Krushem Review

I don’t know why it’s taken me until last week to try a KFC Krushem but I wish they’d been in my life a lot sooner. Perhaps it took me so long because of the woefully bad advertising campaign (“Do you remember your first Krushem” – a decent brand proposition in hindsight but annoyingly executed) or the normally disgusting nature of anything on the menu at KFC that is not fried chicken (limp, unsalted chips or claggy gravy spring to mind). Whatever your thoughts on the Colonel’s secret recipe chicken, I urge you to go out and try a Krushem as soon as possible.

A duo of Oreo Krushems
They’re pretty different as far as frozen milk based drinks go. They’re thinner and more refreshing than an ice-cream milkshake and they’re smoother and have more substance than a Starbuck’s style frappe. In addition they’ve got extra bits of stuff in them (hence they come with an extra wide straw) so you’re kind of eating whilst you’re drinking. I’ve tried the Dairy Milk, Strawberry Shortcake and Oreo Cooke flavours and all are fairly lush but I’d say the Oreo one takes the biscuit.

A royal banquet of transfats and cholesterol from BK to go with my Krushem

3 comments:

  1. Dude really, i could do with that Krushem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review! I expected it to be more like a milkshake so was a little disappointed, but your review is correct - it's a frozen milk-based drink.

    Bang on about the fries too - posters claim new "crunchier fries" - but they're still as limp as ever! (And I made sure that I asked for salt today!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! It's been years since I've had a Krushem and now I'm really craving one. Yes, their chips are still terrible.

      Delete